LRAF Founder Susan Rose receives Heroine of the Year Award from NAWBO President Fran Davis (left) and WHYY Host Maiken Scott (right)
The National Association of Women Business Owners’ South Jersey chapter held its Beyond the Glass Ceiling Awards on Feb. 18 at The Merion in Cinnaminson.
The group recognized 11 local women for their commitment to excellence and the community. This year’s honorees were:
• Legislator of the Year: State Sen. Diane Allen.
• Trailblazer of the Year: Rutgers University–Camden Chancellor Phoebe Haddon.
• Community Advocate of the Year: June Sernak, executive director of the American Red Cross’ Southwestern New Jersey Chapter.
• Company of the Year: Laura Hart, executive director of Atrium Executive Centers.
• Heroine of the Year: Susan Rose of Cherry Hill, president and founder of the Lauren Rose Albert Foundation and Mothers Matter.
• Environmental Advocate of the Year: Mary Grasso Shiles, co-owner of Grasso Girls Farm Market.
• Woman Entrepreneur Under 40: Devon Perry, co-founder of Kings Hall.
• Woman Business Owner of the Year: Aldonna Ambler, owner and president of The Growth Strategist.
• Women’s Advocate of the Year: Barbara Anne Gardenhire-Mills, former lender relations and economic development specialist for the Small Business Administration.
• NAWBO SJ Chapter Champion: Allyson Christoffersen, managing partner and president of Rethink Innovations.
• NOVA Award: Ruth Scott, founder of Cupcakes by Ruth.