The Lauren Rose Albert Foundation is a 501 (c)3 not-for-profit organization established in 2000 by Lauren’s parents, family and friends to honor her memory.The Foundation’s credo — “Mothers Matter” — is a tribute to Lauren and a mother’s love; the Mission — to encourage mothers to achieve economically and educationally and to seek brighter futures for themselves and their families — reflects Lauren’s legacy of helping others lead better lives.Since its inception, the Foundation has touched the lives of thousands of women in southern New Jersey and Philadelphia through the following programs and activities:
– Mothers Matter Mother’s Day Gift Basket Program : Gift baskets/bags filled with women’s personal care and beauty products are distributed to day care centers, pediatric hospital wards and medical day care facilities, women’s shelters and agencies and facilities such as the Veterans Memorial Home, Cooper Hospital, Samaritan Hospice, Anna’s Angels, My Sister’s Place and Robins’ Nest.
– Mothers Matter Year-Round: Gift baskets are given year-round upon request and through partnering with community organizations, hospitals and women’s agencies.
Current partners include Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania (CHOP) oncology ward and outpatient clinics, Virtua/Fox Chase Cancer Center, St. Malachy Church, Our Lady of Lourdes Community Outreach Program, People in Transition and Robins Nest Nurse Family Partnership.
Since 2001, Mothers Matter volunteers distributed more than 24,000 gift baskets for special and needy Moms at more than 60 different locations in southern New Jersey and Philadelphia, providing many with the only Mother’s Day gift they receive.
– Scholarship Program: Since the program’s inception in 2004, working with local colleges and universities, more than 700 scholarships have been granted to single, income-eligible, head-of-household mothers to offset the cost of textbooks.
– Emergency Grant Assistance: Emergency grants are made in the form of goods, services, or cash to assist women and their families with a demonstrated, urgent need that cannot be met through any government or agency help.
– Suited for Work: Provides new or “gently used” career clothing for LRAF scholarship or grant recipients or others referred by social service agencies.